King Anarchy's Chateau

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Medjool Restaurant Lounge


This restaurant is so spectacular. I have to review it.

My review:
"I will definitely go back to Medjool again. Medjool has a nice patio where you can seat outside, wait for table or friend's arrival. The restaurant indoor is huge, with high ceiling, and lot of seats available. I was told the rooftop is the place for happy hour, so I waited no time and went upstairs. The view from the rooftop terrace is breathtaking and magnificent. The crowd is mostly mid 20-30s. The best time to go there is early evening before 7pm. It's really windy so remember to wear a windbreaker or jacket. I managed to snap a few photos of the fog rolling in. It was an eye-catching view. You gotta see great views of downtown, twin peaks, UCSF, bay bridge... I'm so digging this place. But, the only problem is looking for parking in mission neighborhood. I managed to find parking on 21st/Valencia parking garage. Parking spaces are limited here, if garage is full they'd close the gate. Oh, when you ride the Medjool's elevator, it has a note saying "no credit card, cash only". I wish they'd be more flexible on credit card, so I dont have to worry about getting cash."

Edwyn's review:
"Like the rooftop terrace of Medjool - this is the reason to go here. Great views of downtown, twin peaks, and the mission/24th area. The chicken kebabs and the appetizer sampler - very tasty in my opinion - the hummus was just right for me. The house white wine - Terra Sola was very tasty but was marketed as a chardonay - but its sweetness was more like a resling or other dessert wine. Service here can be hectic and sometimes you need a lighter to read your bill - maybe they should have christmas lights to illuminate the rooftop better but keep the ambiance the same - i understand that candles would probably be not a good idea do to the windy nights (especially at dusk). I suggest getting the kebab sampler if you are with a group of 4 or more people. For groups smaller, just a couple of items will suffice. Service was okay not stellar. They don't take credit cards up in the terrace are - so make sure you have cash or use the ATM on the first floor."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

" Love u Chin Mun, Chin Nee, My Bro, mom and dad"